The main goal and purpose of the AMIIE Laboratory led by Soheyla Amirian is to conduct and promote fundamental and applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) research and education in solving real-world problems, ranging from health informatics to surveillance systems and security. We envision serving as a world-class leader in research, education, commercialization, and scholarship in applied AI.
Our group is a multidisciplinary team of computer scientists, informaticians, physicians, artificial intelligence experts, undergraduate and graduate students, and it benefits from several external collaborations with other academic institutions nationwide. Furthermore, our laboratory aims to provide high quality education and research experience in AI-powered algorithms at all levels from K-12 to undergraduate to graduate levels to develop a highly skilled workforce for Georgia’s economic and social development.
- Accountable and Explainable AI
- AI Fairness
- AI-Powered Healthcare
- Computational Vision
- Computational Text Analytics
- Learning from Less Labeled Data
- Dec. 2023: Serving as a keynote speaker at the CSCI'23 International Conference. More info here.
- Nov. 2023: Our team won the first and second place awards for two posters at the University of Georgia's Soc Research Day.
- Nov. 2023: Three posters from our team were presented at the University of Georgia's Soc Research Day by our research assistants.
- Nov. 2023: Serving as a keynote speaker at Health Informatics Grand Rounds. Registeration and more info here.
- Oct. 2023: Serving as a referee at the Journal of Healthcare Informatics Research. Link.
- Oct. 2023: The 18th International Symposium on Visual Computing. Tutorial on "Explainable Deep Few-shot Learning on the Cloud and its Application in Medical Imaging Informatics".
- Oct. 2023: Women in Computing (WIC) Webinar series. Registeration and more info here.
- Oct. 2023: Soheyla was awarded the IEEE Atlanta Section Outstanding Educator Award 2023.
- Oct. 2023: Serving as a Program Commitee member at IEEE ICHI 2024.
- Sep. 2023: Women in Computing (WIC) Webinar series. Registeration and more info here.
- Sep. 2023: Our work on semi-supervised medical image segmentation has been also submitted at AMIA 2024 Informatics Summit.
- Sep. 2023: Our work on Knee ROM has been submitted at prestigious AMIA 2024 Informatics Summit. Fingers crossed!
- Aug. 2023: Our work on bone metastasis classification with Dr. Kurt Weiss and Dr. Ines lohse has been accepted at CTOS! Kudos to the team!
- Aug. 2023: Our HexAI-TJAtxt dataset has been submitted at Data in Brief Journal.
- Jul. 2023: Soheyla is a reviewing "Data Structures and Algorithms in Java: A Project-Based Approach by Dan Myers", Cambridge University Press.
- Jul. 2023: Soheyla is organizing a tutorial on explainable deep few-shot learning at ISVC 2023.
- Jul. 2023: Our paper on Explainable AI was accepted by CSCE'23. Soheyla is serving as the first author!
- Jul. 2023: We are serving as Associate Editors at CSCE'23.
- Jul. 2023: Our paper on unbiased image segmentation was accepted by IEEE BHI 2023. Soheyla is serving as the corresponding author(s)!
- May. 2023: Congratulations, Afsaneh, my TA, on receiving the Teaching Assistant Award in Spring 2023!